Even though Mr. Four is still co-sleeping with us (and probably will be for a while still), I’ve started making plans for making my daughter’s room a little more gender-neutral a space, since they will be sharing it until such time as we’re able to get ourselves into a bigger house. I love her girly room, but I’m also totally stoked to redecorate! If you follow me on Pinterest, you’ve probably already picked up on the fact that I’m planning an Anthopologieesque Bohemian Woodland Room. (I owe the initial inspiration to my good bloggy friend Cassie from Primitive & Proper, who recently did a spectacularly magical job on her own daughter’s fun woodland room.) I’m so excited that I found two matching twin patchwork quilts on Ebay for $40 (for both!) and they are the perfect jumping off point for the new room! I have so many ideas swimming around in my head and I decided I should get them down on a mood board to show you fine people. 🙂 Here you can get a glimpse of the hand made quilts. Aren’t they fab? Here’s a breakdown of some of the elements I’m envisioning:
- A green faux bois focal wall, with the other walls keeping the current buttery yellow on top and adding a tealy blue on the bottom portion of the walls to pick up on that color in the quilts. I may add a chair rail between the two colors, possibly made from old pallet wood stained dark walnut.
- I already have that awesome antique dresser in great shape that I’m going to move back home from the shop for their room. It’ll go in the middle of the focal wall, between the two beds. I may change up the original hardware with something funky.
- I’d like to do an eclectic gallery wall on the focal wall as well.
- I already purchased that fun vinyl of the branch with the owls. (Isn’t it cute?!?!) I’ll probably use it on one of the side walls
- I’m thinking I’m going to try and make the headboards from old pallet wood stained dark walnut and cut into this traditional shape.
- I like the addition of scrap fabric pennants on the headboard, possibly with their names.
- I’d like to make toadstool stools for the foot of each bed.
- I’m thinking up a way to use a vintage afghan as an area rug.
- I’d like to make some fun throw pillow with owl appliques.